The Adjustable Base Isolation Pier System
Is intended to isolate lightweight buildings from the lateral earth movement during earthquake events. It utilises stainless steel springs and support and fixing components to connect the building to the concrete under-slab.
It is appraised for use within the following scope:
- Single or two-story, single unit (detached) Buildings
- Constructed on 150mm or 300mm concrete under-slab in accordance with MBIE
- Timber framed floor, walls and roof designed and constructed in accordance with NZS 3604 or the subject of specific engineering design
- A light roof and light or medium wall cladding (as defined by NZS 3604)
- A maximum live load of 1.5kPa for floors and 2.0kPa for decks
- Situated in NZS 3604 earthquake zones 1,2,3 and 4
- Situated in NZS 3604 wind zones up to an including Extra High
All buildings incorporating the Adjustable Base Isolation Pier System must be subject to the specific engineering design in accordance with the instructions of ABI Piers.